"Try this meditation
at any time, in any
situation to bring
peace and healing to
yourself and others."
World Peace Flame Peace
- Sit in a comfortable position. Relax your body and focus on your breath for a few moments, allowing the natural rhythm of your breathing to bring a deep sense of relaxation to you.
- Begin to think of a situation of conflict or unrest and construct a picture of it at heart level in front of you. The situation could be with someone you love or perhaps of something that is happening in the world.
- Once this picture has formed, imagine you are breathing in a golden light from a space above the crown of your head. Breathe this light down through the crown and into your heart. As you breathe out send this light from the heat towards the picture in front of you.
- Continue this for several breathes. Breathing in and drawing a golden glow through the crown to the heart, breathing out and sending this light towards the picture in front of you.
- As the light touches the people or places involved, see the pain and suffering begin to dissolve and peace gradually take its place.
- Watch smiles and relief coming onto the faces of the people in your picture.
- When you feel the transformation is complete, allow the image in front of you to fade, take your awareness to the golden glow which has built up around the heart and simply rest in silence.